Tuesday, March 15, 2011

 
2010-10-31 12.06.44Hi my name is Kayeon, (pronounced Kei-Yawn) and I am a recent graduate of Architecture. What am I doing writing a blog on food, you say? Well. I love it. Hence the title, I eat and I eat a lot. Usually 3 times a day, sometimes less and sometimes more. Every time that I do eat, I take pride in making sure that it's something juicy, flavourful, succulent, tangy, crispy and very near perfection. 

I love to share my food creations too. Living in Toronto, I used to be able to call up a friend and ask them to dine with me at any hour of the day or night. Even as a student, I was fortunate enough to live in an area with great butchers, producers and fine cheese makers,  so I really ate very well and my friends thanked me for it. People would drop in at 1am and say,  "I'm hungry!" and I would most often have something that I had just made to feed them with. Whether it be pizza (I made that a lot) or spaghetti, soup, stir-fry, risotto, steak, or kimchi stew, I had it on hand and ready to feed.

I love food so much, I did my entire architecture thesis on food! I will probably blog a lengthy description about it later. 

All in all, I want to share my recipes that I have collected in hand written journals in multiple volumes, as dictated by my talented mothers. Yes plural. I have a birth mother (Korean) and my best friend's mom whom I have known since the age of 6, who is my other mother (Peruvian). This makes for an interesting mixed influence on my palate and food adventures. Other recipes I have collected are derived from watching an excessive number of shows on the Food Network, from other blogs, from cookbooks, or just my imagination. I usually put my own personal twist on recipes, and sometimes I stay tried and true to the traditional fare. 

I also love to travel, and although I haven't travelled to many places, I make damn sure that I have done thorough research on the best restaurants to go to. That can be found under "where to eat".

I was based in Vancouver, BC but as of 2011, I am back in Toronto, Ontario. Yeah, I know I live split lives in both places! Regardless… I am ready to share my food experiences with you, and hopefully, you'll like it.
 
Feel free to comment on any of my posts, email me with any questions or comments at kayeoneats@gmail.com

If you want to know more about how this blog all got started, go to "How the Blog came to Be"



6 comments:

  1. Yea ! It's finally here :D I'm stoked

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want more quirky Kayeon photos (you eating your food, making hilarious faces, doing something funny to your sister/mom... definitely ones of your mom). You should post the kimchi recipe... that should be shared for the benefit of human kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I will most definitely put up a recipe for kimchi. When my mother makes it next, I will document step by step how it's made Real Korean Style. It's a good thing you got the lesson in person, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kayeon,

    Your blog is amazing! Faiyaz's has been ranting about it non-stop and I can see why! I am excited to try out some of your recipes :)

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sara! Yeah,it's nice having a little project to work on other than job hunting. :) Let me know how things turn out when you try out recipes! I'll be curious to know if you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kurt ...Mmmmmilf!

    ReplyDelete